Alaska Yacht Based Black Bear Hunt/Fishing Combo
From Field To Table Antelope September 2020
(The video below is from our last Culinary Event at our Texas Location)
You have never been on a black bear hunt like this! Imagine not only staying on a 60′ privately charted fishing yacht but also having a Chef on board to teach you butchering, processing and cooking techniques specifically for black bear! There are a good amount of difference of opinions when it comes to eating black bear. Once you leave this experience, you will be a believer. Black bear can be some of the best protein you have ever had.
We are limiting this experience to only 6 guest, so it will fill up fast. One thing to keep in mind, this is a Transport Hunt, meaning you are given the lay of the land, provided a radio for communication and hunting in pairs on your own. All hunters are provided transportation from the yacht to shore, via skiff after you have been briefed on the area for hunting and what to expect once you have your bear down. The OS team will also work to have you prepared prior to the hunt so you will know exactly what to expect.
All details are listed below but also feel free to call the OS office to go over any further questions you might have. This one will fill up fast!!
- 5 nights yacht based lodging/5 days of hunting
- All meals during your stay
- Transportation to and from the yacht, via skiff
- Fishing for halibut, lingcod, rock fish and King Salmon
- All fishing gear and tackle
- Butchering Session with industry professional (learn to break down primal cuts and then separate muscle groups)
- Your butchered bear can be packaged and vacuum sealed with airline boxes available for purchase or bear meat can me left with local processor and meat shipped home.
- Hands on, Chef instructed cooking session from game harvested during your hunt. Learn cooking techniques for different muscles
- Offerings from local AK Brewery
Hunting License, Gratuities for boat staff, cost of flying boxed meat back with airlines. Fish processing, packaging and boxed will be taken care of in Homer at additional charge.
Guest will stay on board a 60′ yacht with two heads, one shower and a large galley
5 nights/5 days of hunting/fishing
$5950 Per person Plus Tax
Based out of Homer, AK in the Kachemack Bay
How to get there:
Fly into Anchorage or Homer. Anchorage is much easier and a vehicle can be rented for the drive to Homer. (Approximately 4.5 hours) OS can help coordinate a car pool since there are only 6 guest in total. We will fly into Anchorage the day before and stay the night in Homer. We will meet the boat the next morning.
(Non Resident Annual Hunting License and 7 day Sport fishing License $230, 7 day King Salmon Stamp $45, Non Resident Black Bear Tag $450)
Fly into Anchroage May 2nd To May 8th 2021 Hunt 3 to 7, gather, gear and handle meat/fish processing on the 8th fly out of Anchorage on the 8th or 9th, depending on schedule. .
Fill Out the Form or
Call (918) 258-7817 to Learn More!